Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Charlie is here!!


Caroline and I are in Atlanta celebrating the arrival of baby Charles Wakefield Seaver- my sisters first baby. She went into labor on Friday and Caroline and I hustled to the airport in about 45 minutes to catch the next flight to Atlanta. Brad was a champion helping us get packed, calmed down, and excited about our journey to Georgia. Caroline traveled fabulously- she was excited to finally meet her first cousin! Cara's labor slowed down and baby Charlie didn't make it out until Saturday afternoon around 4:35 pm. He weighed 7lb 6oz and he is perfect!! I can't wait to get to know him and love him even more than I already do. Being an aunt is such a blessing- I'm so thankful for Cara and Chris and for their sweet bundle of joy. Every mommy out there knows how much their world is about to change as they come home, but it's such a GOOD change with so many "firsts". I look forward to experiencing these first few days, months, and years with my sister. Motherhood changes you- for the better. I have been very reminiscent of the days when Caroline first arrived, and get a little scared thinking that in just a few more months we will be doing this again with sweet Emily. But since I know how fabulous and amazing it is from experience, I am SURE that we want to do it again!


We have gotten to spend a lot of time with my family and the Hobbs have made several trips up to ATL to see their little tadpole. We LOVE being with family and miss them terribly when we are away. Caroline is changing everyday and I love being able to share that joy with loved ones. Thank you Grammie, Grandpa, Nana Deb, Papa Ron, and Aunt Nik for ALL your help this week- it has been such a blessing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment