Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Picture time!

This has been a pretty ordinary week for us, no big events so far.
Emily showed her skilled finger coordination and locking us all out of the house on Monday. My heart didn't race NEARLY as fast as it did when Caroline did this to me about a year ago...you can read about Caroline's attempt. Sweet E was playing back and forth on the porch going in and out of our door as we visited outside with our sweet friends. Next thing I know she is banging on the door (a clear storm door) wanting to get out. A bit of panic sets in. I try to get her to unlock the lock- not happening. She just gets more frustrated. My sweet friend Jill stands watch over Caroline as I scurry across the street with Hannah in tow to ask my neighbors for their assistance. They call the police chief, Peter, and he comes to our rescue in probably 2 minutes flat. Proceeds to unscrew a few bolts on our door, reach in and flip the lock. PRAISE THE LORD we live in a Mayberry neighborhood where this is the norm...and they love and accept us here regardless of our shanagins. They all laughed about our "typical" Hobbs afternoon. It is kind of funny. Thankfully Caroline had decided to put pants on a few minutes before the lock out. She came outside to visit with friends in a long sleeved t shirt, panties, and her huge pink Dora tennis shoes (on the wrong feet of course!). Hilarious. I encouraged her to find some pants and she obliged us.  Always a laugh at our home.

We are getting ready for a trip to Georgia...we leave Friday morning and will be gone 2 weeks. I'm going with the girls for the first week then Brad will join us the 2nd week. Fun times are SURE to be ahead. Aunt Niki is going to fly to Memphis, hop in the van with us girls, and be my co-pilot for the trip. I'm so thankful for that...otherwise this trip wouldn't be happening! We will break the trip up and spend a night in Nashville with my BFF Kristina and her family. Then to the grandparents we go. We can't wait.

So I may not get to the blogging for quite awhile but I can promise lots of pictures will be taken. Here are some pics that I had on the computer that I have not shared...no real importance, just my sweeties.





 Yes, she is still swaddled. How long do you swaddle, you ask? Until they are 16.

 It doesn't get much more sweet than my gorgeous 3 month old Hannah baby.
 Oh beautiful Emily...those locks. I think we have a lot of taming in store in the years ahead. I am in utter love with your curls though. Proof of a good nap is always in the hair.
 Such a fabulous big sister. She loves her littles more than you can imagine.


 I've been doing a little crafting in my spare time...HA! Not really spare time, but when I get a few moments. I've sold some, given some as gifts, and enjoyed them myself. If you are interested in buying one please message me and I'll get one to you:)
 I think I need to keep this banner up all year...it makes me smile and reminds me what true love is...in the midst of our crazy whirlwind.
"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers" 1 John 3:16

 Emily loves cows. She eat, sleeps, and dreams in cow. That is why I am in the process of planning her cow birthday party. Be UTTER-ly excited! :)

My  mini-miracle of the day...
 A picture with all 3 precious girls. All dressed, bows on, and ready for our day. So what if the expressions are not all smiles...I'm more into the natural, photojournalist photography. lol jk excuses excuses.
Big sister has the touch...
Little sister...not so much. But Emily was excited.

And there you go! Happy February...I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad January is over. It was a tough month. And February is such a happy month- lots of birthdays, Valentines Day, and chocolate! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment