Monday, November 1, 2010

My Girls and Video

Emily has officially pulled up, and started scooting/crawling. First crawl was on her 8 month bday- October 26th. She started pulling up a few days later and is getting better at it each day. I lowered her crib so that we wouldn't have to worry about her...good thing because she's been up each night since sitting and pulling up. :) She has tried some finger foods- banana pieces, scrambled eggs, puffs, baby mum mum chewy things, and I think I'm about to start cheerios. She wants to eat SO badly...I just am paranoid. She has the teeth for it, and finger skills...so I guess that's enough to start the process. She is thinning out just as we imagined since she's become "mobile" and her little legs are not as juicy anymore- don't get me wrong, they are still cute little turkey legs, but I don't think we are going to have near as much trouble finding pants for her this winter as I had first imagined! Maybe, just maybe you might even see Miss Emily in some leggings. :) Since the passy has become her friend she stayed in the nursery for the full hour last week! I was so excited...and a little worried when I didn't get paged. Hopefully she will start to love it as much as big sister. She loves her "Babies Love Music" DVD. She giggles at the silly puppets on it. She adores Caroline and enjoys each second of attention Caroline will give her. They play peekaboo together and it is precious to hear them giggle and cackle at one another. Caroline has started to "experiment" with pinching and pushing a little more these days and I have caught her in the act a few times. Poor Emily...I promise that I try my very hardest to help you out! Caroline knows she shouldn't hurt her- she is just testing new territory. Emily has turned into such a little snugglebug the past few weeks- and I have LOVED every second of holding that little sweetie as she rests her head on my shoulder. I don't ever want to let her go...and tears are often shed as I dread the day that I will not be able to snuggle her like this anymore. She amazes me and I am so blessed. I am still trying to catch her moves on video to share with you. Every time I pull my camera out or act as if I'm paying her any attention- she stops moving and just cries a helpless little cry. But if you take your eyes off of her...she goes for it and will crawl and get to where she wants to go.

Caroline is changing each day by leaps and bounds. She is really starting to use sentences and put words together to communicate complete thoughts. She has a few phrases that she loves to use "help please" "I cook ____ " "I feed sissy" "by my SELF!" "HOT water" (at bath time) "I like it!" "FUNNY!! FUNNY!"(when she sees something that she likes, or is actually funny) Caroline is waking up a little earlier these days and I am scared to death of this weekend when the time changes. She and I have a conversation each night before I tuck her in bed that when she wakes up she is NOT allowed to SCREAM for mommy or Tessa....that she should practice her quiet voice and sing to her toys...THEN mommy will come in and get her. There is nothing like being awoken from a deep sleep by a blood curdling SCREAM from your child...just to find out it's 5:30, still dark, and you have to go in and tell her to go back to sleep. Usually she does. She loves her friends- we sing about everyone we know every night before bed. We sing "He's Got the Whole World In His Hands" and insert every one's name in the song- family, friends, neighbors, everyone. She is such a people person. She is starting to sing bits and pieces of songs- Twinkle Twinkle, ABC's, Jesus Loves Me. She can count "1,2,3" but usually rambles "7, 8, 9, 7, 8, 9, 10! All done!"She loves reading and talking about Clifford the big red dog, Arthur and D.W. and Maisey the Mouse, and Biscuit the dog. She amazes me at how she remembers all the characters names and details after hearing a story just one time. She has decided, with a bit of comical understanding, that horses will now be called "neigh neigh's" and sheep are "baa baa's". She loves to wash her hands- which I guess is a good thing?!?! but it's driving me insane. Washing hands with a 1-almost-2 year old can be ironically a messy thing. She loves to feed Isabelle our cat all by herself. She loves to get the mail. She loves to read through magazines. She loves to use the lacing beads that Nana just mailed her. But most of all she loves to read....and cook.....as always. I just love that sweet girl.

Here are some videos from the Fall Festival.






1 comment:

  1. I am also SCARED about next weekend! UGH! Lance keeps reminding me how much fun next week is going to be. Like tonight when Tanner was exhausted and fussing ready to go to bed at 6:30-Lance reminds me-next week he's going to want to go to bed at 5:30. Not going to work! And oh, when he woke up this morning ready to play at 5:45...oh yes, come Monday that's going to be 4:45. YIKES! Let me know if you have any tips for helping them adjust QUICKLY! :-)

    ReplyDelete