Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Aunt Carrot







We were so blessed to have my sister Cara come spend the week with us last week- hence the absence of blogs...we were busy playing! :) She flew into LR on Tuesday evening and stayed till Saturday night. It was SO good to have her here- she loves Caroline so much and it's truly amazing to see how Caroline loves her Aunt so much! CGH has started to have some separation anxiety/issues with people she isn't familiar with so it's always my prayer that whenever family comes around she won't freak out and act silly like she doesn't recognize them. Well my heart was overjoyed when she say Cara she reached for her and hugged her and ate her hair (her new act of endearment) like she hadn't skipped a beat! Sometimes I think that all the hours my sis put into helping me keep Caroline while I finished work helped ingrain her into Caroline's little heart. It was fun to see the interaction. We didn't really do a whole lot of anything while Cara was here- just hung out, swam, ate good food, and attempted to sleep. Caroline must have known Cara was here because she decided to wake up each night- wide eyed and bushy tailed- for hours on end while we attempted to sleep. She must have known we had company and wanted to make every minute count!


Cara and her husband Chris are expecting their 1st sweet little boy to arrive at the end of October. We can't wait!! It's so fun to see her going through all the pregnant emotions, thoughts, and actions that I just went through. I love it! I wish I were closer to be able to share in her EVERYDAY life and routines- but that's not the way it is right now, so we'll make the best of what we have. I'll see them again the last week in August for her baby shower. I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment