Monday, February 21, 2011

We made it!

The girls and I left Little Rock Sunday morning at 8:00 a.m. and arrived in Rome that evening betwee 8 and 8:30 p.m. The 8 hour trip multiplied to about 11.5 hours, but I cannot say I was suprised. The girls were amazing. No big fiasco's to tell of...excpet I am pretty sure that to be considered a "fiasco" in my books has to be something pretty BIG. Thankfully, with all of your prayers and thoughts....we made it! Caroline asked the ENTIRE day long when we were getting to Grammy's. It was really tough trying to explain to a 2 year old how you just have to keep driving and driving and driving. I felt bad as I would say, "We're almost there!" every hour that passed by...eventually thinking, she will never believe me! But we got here and they have been in heaven since! We are loving on cousin Charlie and Aunt Cara, Andrew and his girlfriend arrive tonight, and of course, Grandpa and Grammy. It has been too long since we've been here. Hopefully these days will last a long long time until the next journey to Georgia. We head to Milledgeville on Wednesday...we'll so how long we can make a 2.5 hour trip last :)

No comments:

Post a Comment